leaving today!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfmom

Train Attendant
Getting ready for my long trip today!!! Seattle to Milwaukee. I'm so excited I am packed up and ready to get on the train.. To bad it doesn't leave until 4:40:)

Getting ready for my long trip today!!! Seattle to Milwaukee. I'm so excited I am packed up and ready to get on the train.. To bad it doesn't leave until 4:40:)
:hi: We feel your excitement! Wouldnt hurt to get to King Street Station a little early, say a couple of hours! :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great trip on the High Line :wub: , we look forward to your Trip Report!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you have a great trip. I hate that waiting around all day to leave . . .

Wait, did the Smurfs even have a train? It must be a trap!

We feel your excitement! Wouldnt hurt to get to King Street Station a little early, say a couple of hours! Have a great trip on the High Line, we look forward to your Trip Report!
200px-Smurfs_Color_Pictures_Poet_Smurf.jpg

Trip Report Smurf

Not me. I hate early morning departures. Late afternoon would be just about perfect for me. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Smurfmom. I am two days ahead of you on the Empire Builder and wanted to give you a special head's up about something beautiful I saw this morning. After leaving St. Paul, you will begin to follow the Mississippi River which will ultimately end up on the left side of the train. Over the course of about 15 miles or so, I saw at least 10 different bald eagles standing atop floating ice chunks near the shoreline. They were facing the train as we passed by, so I am surmising that they were looking for fish along the shallows of the river bank. Short of Alaska, it's the most bald eagles I have ever seen in one setting- truly an awesome sight. Hope you will see them too.

Have a great trip!

yes, the eagles are out along the river. I have a friend who lives near by and she said there are a lot of them!

too bad the snow is melting here. ;-(

Hiya Smurfmom. I am two days ahead of you on the Empire Builder and wanted to give you a special head's up about something beautiful I saw this morning. After leaving St. Paul, you will begin to follow the Mississippi River which will ultimately end up on the left side of the train. Over the course of about 15 miles or so, I saw at least 10 different bald eagles standing atop floating ice chunks near the shoreline. They were facing the train as we passed by, so I am surmising that they were looking for fish along the shallows of the river bank. Short of Alaska, it's the most bald eagles I have ever seen in one setting- truly an awesome sight. Hope you will see them too.
They were not looking for fish. They were looking for Dolphins. The Eagles won 26-10 but only a few of them were bald.

Have a great trip!
Minnesota has the highest bald eagle population of any state save Alaska, and the Mississippi south of the Twin Cities (i.e. the part the Empire Builder runs through, especially from Red Wing to La Crosse) is one of the best locations to see them. Off-topic, there's even a pair that nests in the Mississippi gorge within the Minneapolis city limits!

That sounds like it'll be a beautiful trip, pics please!

Same here. As yet, my upcoming trip will only be my second Amtrak excursion, and both times will have been the Pennsylvanian -> Capitol Limited to go see the boyfriend in Chicago. But the wait until 2 PM kills me the day that I leave since I'm always milling around the house and second guessing what I packed and I'm always that nervous-nauseated kind of excited. So a 5 AM train would be ideal for me, just wake up and leave!

I grew up in Lake City, and there was a large funeral procession for a guy who was a former service man, and fire chief.. Along the route there was 2 Bald Eagle standing in the tree over looking the procession.

Seeing that, I really made me proud of where I live, and seeing these bird growing back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back