Leaving for Santa Fe tomorrow night. Any problems?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berkyo

Service Attendant
Roc to CHi on the LSL and then SWC to Lamy. We see that both these trains have been leaving and arriving late. Is it just the weather? And maybe they will be on time? or is it always like this in winter? I will watch the status maps for late arriving in ROC ( we have a 2 hour ride to get to the station for 11pm dep) and since we have 10am to 3pm to wait, I guess a late CHI arrival is ok too. But not happy to hear about all the delays and problems.

Unfortunately any Amtrak train which runs on tracks owned by freight railroads tends to have delays. The ice storms in the Midwest have made the problems worse. You should make your connection in Chicago, though.

Thanks. I see that the train 449 late.
449 is the Boston Branch of the Lakeshore Limited, it meets up and connects with 49 which comes up from New York. Normally, when 449 is ontime, there is a close to 2 hour wait in Albany, waiting for 49 to come up from NYP. With the delay, the two trains should connect and be off heading to ROC close to or maybe a little late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back