Latest Texas Eagle news

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Saxman, I guess that would eliminate one backup move. Its a little hectic when both 21 and 22 arrive at old Tower 55 at the same time. I wander whats the time difference between the TRE and UP? On the UP between FTW and DAL, I believe top speed is 60 mph. What is it on the TRE?
A little over half the TRE is 79 mph now. Pretty soon almost all of it will be 79.
When I rode a couple weeks ago they definitely did not reach 79mph, but I'm sure the tracks can handle it. I assume it was due to the double tracking in progress and the schedule based on slower top speeds. I saw where the schedule was to be shortened in the future.

Any word on when the Centrepoint/DFW stop will go in service/
Just curious, but why do people want the Eagle to go through the TRE route? Just for the airport stop? I don't think that's a great idea at all. If you need to get to the airport from downtown Dallas or Fort Worth, just wait for the next TRE train when you arrive. I like not having to stop anywhere when I'm on the Eagle going between DAL and FTW. If I recall, the trip between the two stations was about 30 minutes on the Eagle due to not having to stop for anything.
Simple, no back up move in and out of FTW. Sometimes it takes 20 or 30 minutes to do the back up move and it just takes way too long. And the Centreport stop wouldn't really be a big stop. Just a quick 60 second stop most likely. I doubt very many people will use the stop, except maybe a few who live in the midcities area.
Chris,

When I looked into booking a trip in Nov. I noticed that the new schedule has #21/#421 leaving FTW before #22/#422 get there, that eliminates the problem of having both trains there @ once along with the heartland Flyer (unless theyre off time) but it also eliminates point rides from south to FTW

and back on #22/#422, turn on #21?#421!

Also much to my surprise to ride on #422 from LAX- DAL it cost EXACTLY THE SAME in A SLEEPER as it would be LAX-AUS/LAX-TPL/LAX-FTW!!!

Go figure???Of course youd have to spend the night in DAL (I could go see the train museum, the new Green Line is open to the fairgrounds right?)

before turning back to AUS the next day! :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back