Lateness of Amtrak ML 63

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
Hello,

I will be riding on Amtrak 63 on Wednesday heading to Niagara Falls, ON. I've tracked the train lately on Amtrak's website and seems it's been over an hour late when going through the Albany, Syracuse and Rochester areas. is CSX doing track work or something in that area?

I ask, because, I'm just curious as well as I need to be back in Niagara Falls, to catch a bus by 6:30pm/7pm at the latest. I'm sure I'll be ok in order to catch that bus, but just was wondering why the lateness of 63?

Thank you,
Tom Martin

Ah ok, that explains it. Thanks for your help
The Amtrak service alert only addresses the track and station upgrade work being done from Schenectady to Poughkeepsie. The LSL and Empire Service & ML trains have been routinely encountering delays from SCH to Buffalo. Presumably due to CSX track work, but time keeping across the western Empire corridor has generally been poor for a long time.

Status maps database does not have arrival times for Niagara Falls, ON, but it does have departure times for the Niagara Falls, NY station. In the past month, Maple Leaf #63 has been 2 hours late or more four times departing from NFL. The average (mean) delay for departure was 1 hour and 9 minutes (link to Status Maps Database with ML NFL departures over the past month). So there is a risk that you would miss a 6:30 or 7 PM bus from NFS if it is not an Amtrak/VIA bus that will wait for the ML to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back