Lake Shore Limited...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak Kid

Service Attendant
Hi all,

I havnt seen the LSL lately, but can anyone please tell me the new consist? Do they add another viewliner on during the summer? Also, i heard that the diners are being rebuilt, will this mean that the LSL will soon have diners again? And whats up with the crappy horizon car.

Thanks!

Corey

The LSL does normally run 3 sleepers in summer, I can't imagine why that would change.

I think the consist, west of Albany, is P42, P42, H-Bag, Viewliner, Viewliner, Viewliner, Amfleet DinerLite, Horizon Dinette or Amfleet II Lounge, Coach, Coach, Coach, and maybe a fourth coach.

There are diners being "refurbished", but what this means is anyone's guess. They non-refurbed ones are still failing, so I think they are fighting a losing battle keeping diners on the Silver Service and Crescent.

Yea, i knew they kept 3 viewliners on the LSL back in summer 07, but i havnt paid much attention to getting up early to watch it go by lately. I have been meaning to go see it go by, since i am interested to see the new consist, but have been too lasy. :p

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back