lake shore limited lateness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the late shore lol, seems to be late because it runs secondary with freight trains as they have trackage rights over them. When i took the late shore we ended up getting back around 8 hours late because the Dorm Lounge derailed in indiana. I believe its also because it runs with several freight railroads over busy mainlines although many trains do the same and run on time :blink: .

Corey

Guest said:
the late shore lol, seems to be late because it runs secondary with freight trains as they have trackage rights over them. When i took the late shore we ended up getting back around 8 hours late because the Dorm Lounge derailed in indiana. I believe its also because it runs with several freight railroads over busy mainlines although many trains do the same and run on time :blink: .
Corey
Well, that is a fairly generic reason for why a train runs late. Yes, freight railroads own the tracks and yes they delay Amtrak. Unfortunately for the lateshore, she runs on tracks owned by CSX, like Sam said, and they are not the nicest when it comes down to Amtrak. You cant really say that just because it runs on busy tracks it is late. Look at the builder. Runs a busy line, but the line is owned by our good friends at BNSF who are by FAR the best when it comes to respecting Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back