Lake Shore Limited discussion 2023 Q4 - 2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on a very late train (can't remember if it was a LSL or an NER) that arrived at South Station at about 12:30, a week after the governor cancelled late night (until about 2AM) MBTA service. I just missed the last Red Line train, so went outside to take a taxi. This Uber driver told me he could take me home to Belmont, one block west of Cambridge. I had heard of Uber but never used it before. He charged me about $55 for an 8.8 mile, 17 minute trip. Never again. I'm pretty sure he pegged me as a newbie and and made up a fare out of whole cloth.

I was on a very late train (can't remember if it was a LSL or an NER) that arrived at South Station at about 12:30, a week after the governor cancelled late night (until about 2AM) MBTA service. I just missed the last Red Line train, so went outside to take a taxi. This Uber driver told me he could take me home to Belmont, one block west of Cambridge. I had heard of Uber but never used it before. He charged me about $55 for an 8.8 mile, 17 minute trip. Never again. I'm pretty sure he pegged me as a newbie and and made up a fare out of whole cloth.
Yep, Uber drivers are not allowed to solicit fares, so he was working a side hustle. You weren't riding on Uber.

In June I will be taking the lakeshore limited 49 NYP- CHI in coach. Which side of the train has the best views westbound?
Sit on the left side if you can. You'll get views of the Hudson River to Albany, and if the weather allows, sunset views of the Mohawk River after departing Albany.

There's not much to see nature-wise in the morning before arrival into Chicago.

Back