Kudos to Amtrak lost and found

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PennCentralFan

Train Attendant
I left my book in the seat pocket on last week on the wolverine. I got off in Jackson. I noticed that my book was missing. After my return trip I called amtrak lost and found and they told me to call the JXN station. I told them my date of travel and the book and I got a call the next day telling me that they found the book and they will send it to me.

Once again Amtrak shows how a publicly funded railroad is awesome and vital to our country.

Pretty lofty kudos for the simple, (but important to you, I get that) return of a book......

"...........awesome and vital to our country........"

Gee, you are lucky. Amtrak lost my red, medium size, piece of luggage between Toledo, Ohio and San Diego, California. I checked bag December 15, 2010 in Toledo straight to San Diego. Arrived in San Diego but my red bag did not make it to Diego. I then took a cruise to Hawaii, returned to San Diego - Still no red luggage. Traveled up California coast to Seattle via Amtrak, rode Empire Builder to Chicago and returned to Toledo January 10, 2010. No red luggage was found. Gee, you were very lucky! Now, I need to submit a claim. :wacko:

Once a while back while using the amtrak bus service from LV to LA to hop aboard the SWC, upon arriving @Union Station we gathered our luggage and headed into the station. About an hour after checking our luggage in we realized we left a small carry on on the sidewalk. I rushed outside and of course it was gone. Went to the lost and found at the station....nothing. Left our name and address just in case figuring it was gone for good. Aday or two after getting home to MA we got a call from the station saying they had our bag. Apparently the bus driver picked it back up when he saw no one claim it and made sure it was returned.

Another time coming back home from Reno, I checked my bag a day ahead of the train as my local station didn't have baggage service on weekends when I would be getting home. This was so the bag would arrive on FRI train and be held. After tipping the Reno attendant I went about my business. As it turns out the train that was originally to carry it, the LSL, was so late (big surprise) that it was held in Chicago. Sure enough Tuesdays train had my luggage.

We also took the EB to Seattle leaving our town on Christmas day-no baggage service. Checked it in the day before and sure enough there it was in Seattle waiting for us.

I think the baggage service on Amtrak is exceptional.

I am trying to get in touch with the Amtrak Emeryville Lost and Found. I have already filed a lost item request, but I'd like to call the Lost and Found at the Emeryville station to see if the Amazon Kindle that I left on the California Zephyr has ended up there. The number I was given, 510-450-1088, only rings with no answer after many tries on different days. What should I do now?

I am trying to get in touch with the Amtrak Emeryville Lost and Found. I have already filed a lost item request, but I'd like to call the Lost and Found at the Emeryville station to see if the Amazon Kindle that I left on the California Zephyr has ended up there. The number I was given, 510-450-1088, only rings with no answer after many tries on different days. What should I do now?
This is too late to help you but maybe will help someone else. The correct number is 510-450-1081 (81, not 88). Good luck to all!

I'm glad you guys had such great luck getting your bag back. Mine has been lost/stolen (with so many important items inside) for over a week now and I'm really scared that it won't be found! I feel horrible.

I'm also one of the lucky "losers". My suitcase has been missing for over a week have contacted and contacted Amtrak.....to NO avail....I know now, not to travel Amtrak and know the bag is gone for good. Hope whoever has it can wear size 4 dresses....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back