Keystone Corridor changes for 10/27

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
The Keystone Corridor will have minor changes with the timetable that takes effect on October 27th.

Westbound on weekdays, Trains 43 and 607 have been combined. Since under the current schedule 43 leaves Philadelphia at 8 AM, and 607 at 9 AM, the new timetable calling for the PENNSYLVANIAN to depart PHL at 8:20 would have put this train too close to 607. What this does, unfortunately, is restore a 2-1/2 hour gap in service on this corridor.

No changes eastbound.

No changes on weekends.

The eastbound PENNSYLVANIAN, Train 44, continues to be discharge-only east of Lewistown.

The above, I found out, is not exactly correct. Train 43 does run a little later, but it is not combined with what was 607. Instead, Train 641, which previously had been cut back from the Keystone Corridor to run New York-Philadelphia, has been re-extended to Harrisburg, and it takes the place of 607.

As for Amfleet's question above, I guess nobody knows. Sounds like a good excuse for me to take a spin out to Harrisburg and back so I can check it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back