"Julie"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caravanman

Engineer
I gather that I can find out the actual delays to long distance trains via the Amtrak website. Reading another post, someone mentioned phoning "julie", which I take to be the telephone version. Which number do I dial, and is it a live operator?

Thanks in advance,

Ed. B)

caravanman said:
I gather that I can find out the actual delays to long distance trains via the Amtrak website. Reading another post, someone mentioned phoning "julie", which I take to be the telephone version. Which number do I dial, and is it a live operator?Thanks in advance,

Ed.  B)
If you need an Agent just say Agent and you will be transferd to the next agent that answers the call. sometimes you have to wait 5-10 min tho.

I don't know if that phone number works from the UK though. You may only be able to use that once you've crossed the pond to come visit here. :)

It is very easy to use Julie which is a voice recognition program. Just know ahead of time the station and train number. Even if you don't know, there are many other options.

BTW: With internet access the information is available on the Amtrak home page. www.amtrak.com

Just don't have any lound noise going on around you when you call or it will falsly trigger her into a response. Something like I'm sorry....... This drives me nuts. I wish you could push a number and go to a number driven system.

bmlock said:
Just don't have any lound noise going on around you when you call or it will falsly trigger her into a response. Something like I'm sorry....... This drives me nuts. I wish you could push a number and go to a number driven system.
Numbers will actually work. They will override any voice recognition on every step except the "station name". For instance, when Julie asks if you want arrival or departure information, press 1 or 2 instead of saying "arrival" or "departure". But yea...the voice recognition can get very frustrating. When I was on the starlight stub train this past summer, I was in the upstairs of the full-length single level dome and I spent 5 minutes on the phone trying to muffle the sound. She would only get as far as 'As of my latest rep" then cut to "I'm Sorry".

Back