Journey to Seattle Begins!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neciebugs

Train Attendant
Boarded in San Diego a bit ago... My son is in his element! Moving a lot more slowly than I had expected. Updates throughout the journey to come!!

Be sure and stake out Seats on the Left Side of the Train in the PPC so you can enjoy the Ocean Scenery on the way to Santa Barbara! Also you will want to have Lunch and Dinner in the PPC, it's a Real Treat and the Wine and cheese tasting in the Afternoon is Great! there are also Movies downstairs for the kidoos so its a Win!Win! proposition for everyone! :) It's first come, first served and once you are settled in your Roomettes I'd suggest heading for the PPC when you Leave LAX! Look forward to your Trip Reports and Observations, ya'll will have a Ball! ;)

I would imagine fireworks along the way this evening?

Have a great trip.

So busy! Such a whilrwind trip.

We boarded in San Diego yesterday morning. I am tired so not too much detail. I will say, even being in messy trans-dorms... we were fine. We figured out our cabin. We had no service or turn down in the roomette, I meant to leave $5 for the attendant, but forgot. I did tip the wait staff quite well. My kids were very well behaved and had nothing but complements.

We ride back to San Diego next Sunday... so we are only just beginning our journey. I took some pictures on my cell phone, when I have time to upload I will.

Overall, it was a great trip.

The staff was a bit standoffish. It was the 4th of July and a totally full trip. One sleeper car had no toilet/shower facilities. By the end of the trip, they had loosened up, or the tips I had left made a difference.

I met Rich and his wife (another poster). Very lovely couple. We did the wine tasting together.

My kids LOVED the trip.

Now to sleep, board the Norwegian Jewel and off on another adventure!

We figured out our cabin. We had no service or turn down in the roomette, I meant to leave $5 for the attendant, but forgot.
If the attendant didn't put down your beds at night and back up in the morning, then he/she isn't deserving of any tip. That is a required part of their job and it doesn't matter if they're working on one sleeping car or a sleeping car and the Trans/Dorm.

Glad to hear that overall however you enjoyed the trip and had fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We figured out our cabin. We had no service or turn down in the roomette, I meant to leave $5 for the attendant, but forgot.
If the attendant didn't put down your beds at night and back up in the morning, then he/she isn't deserving of any tip. That is a required part of their job and it doesn't matter if they're working on one sleeping car or a sleeping car and the Trans/Dorm.

Glad to hear that overall however you enjoyed the trip and had fun! :)
If your service was that poor that warrants a call or letter to Amtrak Customer Service as lazy Attendants need to be weeded out. And do not worry if you cannot remember his or her name as that can easily be tracked down through your train date.

So busy! Such a whilrwind trip.
We boarded in San Diego yesterday morning. I am tired so not too much detail. I will say, even being in messy trans-dorms... we were fine. We figured out our cabin. We had no service or turn down in the roomette, I meant to leave $5 for the attendant, but forgot. I did tip the wait staff quite well. My kids were very well behaved and had nothing but complements.

We ride back to San Diego next Sunday... so we are only just beginning our journey. I took some pictures on my cell phone, when I have time to upload I will.

Overall, it was a great trip.

The staff was a bit standoffish. It was the 4th of July and a totally full trip. One sleeper car had no toilet/shower facilities. By the end of the trip, they had loosened up, or the tips I had left made a difference.

I met Rich and his wife (another poster). Very lovely couple. We did the wine tasting together.

My kids LOVED the trip.

Now to sleep, board the Norwegian Jewel and off on another adventure!
It was nice meeting you too Denise. You and your family were pleasant and acted as seasoned travelers. Hope our paths cross again. We are still away from home and take a dreaded flight home next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back