Jasper Hotel recommendations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it seems your main priority is to ride a Brewster bus, so obviously go with that, bearing in mind that they will probably travel the Icefields Parkway at quite a high speed. I remember seeing them travelling fast in that area, which I felt was a pity as the scenery was spectacular. I am hoping they make a stop at the glacier/restaurant area, so you can experience that. I think (it was a few years back) Brewster also runs the special "buses" that go up onto the glacier. They were a little expensive, so we opted to walk up to the glacier on our own for free. You may need cold weather clothes for this stop.

You will see plenty of great scenery on the Skeena, and if you are lucky, like we were, the engineer will stop/slow the train at the best views. Enjoy your trip, whatever your mode of travel.

Jean

Ah, yeah, I could do that, but still, I want to ride Brewster since it's probably the only chance I have to ride them. Does that $120 account for fuel prices?
That would be plus gas.....it’s about 400 klicks between Calgary and Jasper via the Icefields Parkway so about $35.

>>>>>>

Here’s a Brewster Bus in a Canadian Pacific brochure from the 1950s.

Image.jpg

Image%2520%25282%2529.jpg

So it seems your main priority is to ride a Brewster bus, so obviously go with that, bearing in mind that they will probably travel the Icefields Parkway at quite a high speed. I remember seeing them travelling fast in that area, which I felt was a pity as the scenery was spectacular. I am hoping they make a stop at the glacier/restaurant area, so you can experience that. I think (it was a few years back) Brewster also runs the special "buses" that go up onto the glacier. They were a little expensive, so we opted to walk up to the glacier on our own for free. You may need cold weather clothes for this stop.

You will see plenty of great scenery on the Skeena, and if you are lucky, like we were, the engineer will stop/slow the train at the best views. Enjoy your trip, whatever your mode of travel.

Jean
No, my pain priority isn't to ride a Brewster bus, my priority is the see the most scenery for the least money, while bus- and rail-fanning along the way. Though I'm interested in a Brewster sinply because their equipment is quite different from Greyhound.

Obviously I'm interested in riding a lot of Greyhound Canada buses which I surely gonna do. Especially those newly-rebuilt 1100-series 102DL3's.

Back