It's time for another trip!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stntylr

OBS Chief
Ok, due to some crazy scheduling at work I may have a chance to take a long train ride at the end of April. If not then I won't be able to take any vacation at all until October.

So here's my plan

Leave Sunday on the Texas Eagle Temple to Chicago

Monday Lake Shore Limited Chicago to New York City

Tuesday Acela from New York to Newark

Northeast Regional Newark to Washington D.C.

Wednesday Cardinal Washing D.C. to Chicago

Thursday Texas Eagle Chicago to Temple

I know it's a bit crazy at one point but I have an explaination

First No nights in a hotel. That's cheating and cost a whole lot of money.

I know I could board the Cardinal in NYP but the layover from the LSL is almost 12 hours which I don't want to spend in the waiting area at NYP.

I live in Texas so I don't get much chance to ride the Acela.so I would like to take a short trip plus I would get to use the Acela lounge at Penn Station which will have a clean restroom ( a big deal for me while on a long trip). Really I want to avoid public restrooms in Penn Station.

So any thoughts?

Here's a big one, riding Acela doesn't get you into the Club Acela unless you are in First Class. Acela Business only gets one access to the special Acela seating area, and that area has no rest rooms.

You probably won't get the full benefit of riding the Acela for such a short distance, and I bet the fare will be steep. Plus, most Acelas only stop at Newark to receive passengers, so watch out for that!

Traveling in coach, or are there sleeper accommodations at some point? I ask, because when it comes to Penn station, if you were sleeper on the LSL you'd still have access to the Acela Lounge. Actually, same goes for the Cardinal IIRC; any same-day sleeper accommodation gets you access regardless if you're getting on or getting off from sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back