It's almost that time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R Johnson

Train Attendant
Sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow morning I will be boarding train #50, bound for Staunton, VA.

When I first started planning this trip back in February the date seemed so far away. The anticipation level was high for a month or so, ebbed quite a bit as other concerns popped up, and now is back in full force.

I had some concerns in the last few weeks that I might have to reschedule the entire trip due to issues at work. Fortunately the problems were worked out and now it is almost time to head out.

Following advice here, and other places on the net, I have a scanner (which only last night I FINALLY figured out how to set up - no thanks to the owner’s manual.) and a GPS that will get a lot of use on future hiking trips as well. I will be taking a hiking staff that I would have left behind.

I won’t really care if 50 is a little late - it will give me more daylight hours. Because of plans for next Saturday, I’m hoping that 51 will do better than what seems to be normal as far as being on time. If not, hey, it’s not the destination, it’s the journey, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back