it seems certain 67/68 will be terminated south of Washington

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they needed help at that time in the OBS dept, you can also go down to Lorton and work the "Auto Train." But according to the contract, you cannot take your OBS seniority there with you. You would have to start over with a new seniority date at LOR, and I believe they rotate around in their crafts if I am not mistaken. They wrote that into the contract to protect those employees who were already in the old "Auto Train Corp" from being bumped out of their jobs by Amtrak OBS employees after Amtrak took over that service.
They do indeed rotate around on the AT, so you could find yourself working any OBS position each time you show up for work. It's one of the reasons that the AT comes closer to breaking even, unlike many of the other long distance routes. It was also one of the work rule changes that David Gunn wanted for all LD routes, but sadly didn't get before he was canned.

it's eaiser say then done. I have been layoff 3 times (twice as TA in LA) and once as LSA when all aclea went out of service in washington

and you know what, there not really many places I can go (except New York or back LA)

well if they get rid of 29/30 in which I work as onboard attendant then washington crew base is going to have find jobs for 60 people (in which they will make most them lsa's any way).
Why wouldn't they simply furlough the most junior people? That's the way it usually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back