Is this possible?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pianocat

Lead Service Attendant
To use AGR points for a Rail Pass? Looking at an extended western trip this summer, but I want to spend a few days in Flagstaff - then a few days in Riverside, CA, then a few in Pdx area. Do the points apply to the upgrades to roomette [i won't go coach!] with an AGR trip? Thought I'd put this out here first...then call AGR if necessary. TIA. I have @ 32,000 pts. at the moment.

You can't use AGR points to get a Rail Pass or to upgrade to sleeper. You must redeem your points prior to your trip - which would include a sleeper. And since no stopovers are allowed, you must redeem awards point to point.

Can your daughter buy a coach seat on the SWC from RIV to LAX? The train leaves RIV at 5:53AM. You can enjoy about 2.5 hours with her in the dining car and the Sightseer Lounge. She can see you off on the CS before getting on a Pacific Surfliner to Fullerton with a bus back to Riverside. She can be back home by 1PM.

Tom, that's a good idea but I'm hoping to spend a few days with her and her husband there in Riverside. My trip to Flagstaff will originate in Carbondale, IL, btw.

Back