Is the bus from Boston to Buffalo NY and back more comfortable than th

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

don warner saklad

Train Attendant
Do you kind folks out there think the bus from Boston to Buffalo NY and back is more comfortable than the train?... all things considered

Do you kind folks out there think the bus from Boston to Buffalo NY and back is more comfortable than the train?... all things considered
WOW !!! You ask some questions. Being an Amtrak site 99% of those on here are going to say train. But let me explain why. Although the bus may be more punctual you can move around the train anytime you want. You have, at the very least, a cafe car to serve food and drink. You have a batroom in each car and train crew that will see to your needs. To me the bus is like being convicted to prison~ you never know who your cell mates are going to be. I doubt you find anyone to vote for the bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the weather, esp. in the wintertime on the road, traffic, age of bus, comfortable seats, range, etc.

If you think if the bus is comfortable or dare to try it out, it would be wise to try it out rather than listening to people's opinions if they never try it out before. Amtrak does serve busses to meet the connections, so Amtrak is not 100% train. I would love to hear from you if you rode the bus.

WOW !!! You ask some questions. Being an Amtrak site 99% of those on here are going to say train. But let me explain why. Although the bus may be more punctual you can move around the train anytime you want. You have, at the very least, a cafe car to serve food and drink. You have a batroom in each car and train crew that will see to your needs. To me the bus is like being convicted to prison~ you never know who your cell mates are going to be. I doubt you find anyone to vote for the bus.
Thank you had8ley !

What can you ask the train crew for?...
Pillows, "Why are we sitting in this siding so long?", meal reservations and service, the proverbial "When are we going to get there?" among a host of other questions that I'm sure you will have.
Around the web where would there be any comprehensive type of listings of all the kinds of services, amenities you might ask the train crew for?... on the Boston-Buffalo, Buffalo-Boston Lake Shore Limited

I've never taken a bus on that route, but I used to take 5 hour trips quite regularly - I hated it, and I can't imagine taking a longer trip than that. First of all, there's the restroom issue. A bus only has one, and it's not exactly the most luxurious (or even private) place on a bus. Secondly, as others have mentioned, there's nowhere to go on a bus - you're stuck in your seat. So, I'd put a bus in the same category as air travel, more or less, except that air travel normally has flight attendants, food, movies, etc. In my opinion, the bus is the worst of all forms of travel.

I've never taken a bus on that route, but I used to take 5 hour trips quite regularly - I hated it, and I can't imagine taking a longer trip than that. First of all, there's the restroom issue. A bus only has one, and it's not exactly the most luxurious (or even private) place on a bus. Secondly, as others have mentioned, there's nowhere to go on a bus - you're stuck in your seat. So, I'd put a bus in the same category as air travel, more or less, except that air travel normally has flight attendants, food, movies, etc. In my opinion, the bus is the worst of all forms of travel.
I agree with you, I hate riding bus if it's a long distance, like 5 hours. I've rode bus when I was in high school, from CA to Colorado on church youth retreat, and back. It's very hard to sleep. And it's freezing! Someone made a rude gesture or remark at a female while she was in a bathroom. She came out crying. Privacy in bathroom is like a very thin wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back