Is Quick Trak still around to print tickets?

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by adamj023, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:43 PM.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jan 15, 2020 at 9:43 PM #1

adamj023

a

adamj023

Train Attendant

Just wondering if Quick Trak still exists to print out tickets when one uses internet to book tickets?

Fortunately my main station is Penn Station, NY but it seems like the machines have been removed from a lot of locations from what I see which is disappointing.

2. Jan 15, 2020 at 9:52 PM #2

the_traveler

the_traveler

the_traveler

Conductor

According to the schedules, they are still in many places. But most are in the northeast.

I see many, but that could be because I live in the northeast.

3. Jan 15, 2020 at 10:03 PM #3

sttom

s

sttom

Lead Service Attendant

If you have a smartphone, they can email a ticket to you and the conductors can scan your phone or you can print it at home Southwest style.

4. Jan 15, 2020 at 10:19 PM #4

RichieRich

R

RichieRich

Service Attendant

??? Whenever I make a reservation (web or phone) I get an email with a .pdf attachment that is the ticket (with that square bar-codie thing on it). Though the AT has never asked for it. They just ask "Who are you....and what time do you want dinner".

5. Jan 15, 2020 at 10:34 PM #5

MARC Rider

M

MARC Rider

Conductor

They still have them in Baltimore. I used one a few weeks ago when the app on my phone refused to make me a reservation.

6. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:19 AM #6

Anderson

A

Anderson

Conductor

Also, for the most part the conductors (at least) have pax manifests that they can use in lieu of tickets. A last-minute ticket at a station in an area with bad cell reception might be an issue, but otherwise you should be good outside of "gate dragon" stations.

7. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:25 AM #7

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Conductor

I can't even remember the last time I saw a functioning Quik-Trak machine. They used to be common but I hardly ever encounter them out here on the LDN. I would have preferred to see them updated and expanded to handle more advanced tasks like recovery booking and luggage tagging as Amtrak reduced staff and station services. Instead they were quietly removed and quickly forgotten as part of the e-ticket rollout.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 3:44 PM
  8. Jan 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM #8

PVD

P

PVD

Conductor AU Supporter

Most of the Empire Service stations still have them. I did NYP-SDY a few weeks back, they both had them, an upgraded machine could be very useful. Adding a video link to a remote agent could also be provided which could be very helpful in weak or no cell situations, and the increasingly common unmanned station.

yarrow likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted