Is it worth going Cross Country in Coach or Roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying some points sure sounds like a good idea to me. But I'd go BAL - CHI in coach for something like $88 then CHI - RNO in a roomette on AGR. I'd do it this way for a couple of reasons, first BAL-CHI appears to be slightly cheaper than DEN-RNO in coach. Second off, I'll bet you'd enjoy stepping up in accommodations rather than stepping down.

Make no mistake, coach is OK, but a roomette with its flat bed, darker and quieter nights, and included meals is much nicer.

GET THE CARD !!! There are so many things that can go wrong on a cross country trip you might wind up thanking yourself in the end run. I've been on trains where only sleeper pax have been fed in the diner~ no coach pax allowed. I've also had amenities that coach pax weren't allowed when operational issues went sour. This is not wishing you a bad trip but why chance it? Sure, you're young, but do you want to come home wishing you had done what you had the chance to do ??? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back