Is Amsnag down today.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul is probably aware of Amsnag's status. As the creator he should know what makes this site tick. Its a great resource but Amtrak seems to be working against it. It doesn't work for me unless I try doing a search of 5-7 days.

Paul is not always aware of the problem(s). He does have another life and is away from his computer for days at a time sometimes.

Its a great resource but Amtrak seems to be working against it. It doesn't work for me unless I try doing a search of 5-7 days.
As I've been trying to say, Amtrak is entirely innocent. It's the web hosting service. To simplify, they are disabling a set of commands in the computer language the program uses. When the program tries to execute one off these commands, the error message you see is produced.

Your second sentence is a new on on me. You will have to PM me with details.

Paul is not always aware of the problem(s). He does have another life and is away from his computer for days at a time sometimes.
That's the nicest compliment I've gotten in a long time. Unfortunately, my wife disagrees with me. :p

Though I continued to receive functioning fare alerts during the outage, including the links to Amtrak booking pages, the web site returned the same results as in past outages. Fortunately, it apparently has been remedied with no loss of data or function. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back