Is a Peoria, IL -> Chicago route possible

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter lives in Chicago now and she takes the PCC bus down and back every 3 weeks or so to see us. She gets on it at Midway, it also stops at O'Hare. She gets off at the city link building here. The bus than goes on to Bradley. I think its 40 bucks each way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't sure whether Megabus does a Chicago to Peoria route - they do not. They go from Chicago to Champaign-Urbana.

I also live in Peoria. We were just talking about the connection ourselves today. We were right by the tracks. I think they are still used but maybe by freight only. We saw a train in the distance. This was by the river on the Peoria side.

The Amtrak route I believe went by Chenoa, IL and took Route 24 at least part of the time until we got to East Peoria. As Bette Davis said in "All About Eve" "Fasten your seat belts - it's going to be a bumpy flight." It sure was.

Check the website for Lex. I've seen their ads recently, but have never used them. I think they pick up at 4 or 5 locations in Peoria and go to several locations in the Chicago area.

Lex also goes from Peoria to Bloomington, but at the present time it doesn't stop at the Bloomington/Normal Amtrak Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back