Introduction and Hello

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to jump on and say Hello. And that I am excited about our first train trip. (well for me it will be my second, but I'm counting it as my first since I don't remember the first one. I was a child in the mid 70's when my mom took us CHI to visit family on the LSL, if thats what it was named back then) But now it's my turn, I'm taking my daughter to CHI to visit family, along with her it will be my husband, mother, stepson and stepdaughter. Don't worry, I'll keep the kids in check (I read the thread about Do's and Don'ts of Train Travel) LOL....

On our way out we will all be in coach, but on the return home it will only be my husband, stepson, stepdaughter and myself. But this time when we come back we have roomettes. :lol: My mother and daughter will be staying an extra week and then fly home.

Since I booked this trip, I've been doing alot of reading. And I had read somewhere that they had to change trains in ALB and cross a platform, that is the reason that I had asked about that on a thread. Thank goodness we can just stay on and wait. :rolleyes:

So Hello to all and thanks for all the information that I have already received.

I just wanted to jump on and say Hello. And that I am excited about our first train trip. (well for me it will be my second, but I'm counting it as my first since I don't remember the first one. I was a child in the mid 70's when my mom took us CHI to visit family on the LSL, if thats what it was named back then) But now it's my turn, I'm taking my daughter to CHI to visit family, along with her it will be my husband, mother, stepson and stepdaughter. Don't worry, I'll keep the kids in check (I read the thread about Do's and Don'ts of Train Travel) LOL....
On our way out we will all be in coach, but on the return home it will only be my husband, stepson, stepdaughter and myself. But this time when we come back we have roomettes. :lol: My mother and daughter will be staying an extra week and then fly home.

Since I booked this trip, I've been doing alot of reading. And I had read somewhere that they had to change trains in ALB and cross a platform, that is the reason that I had asked about that on a thread. Thank goodness we can just stay on and wait. :rolleyes:

So Hello to all and thanks for all the information that I have already received.
Welcome aboard! If you enjoy train travel you will enjoy this forum. Wishing you the best on your trip to CHI!

Welcome you've come to the right place to learn about train travel! :D

Back