Into LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter L. Reid

Train Attendant
A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion re how long one could stay on the Sunset Limited in LA

after arrival.

The SCA in my sleeper last week came around to each berth the night before we arrived, and asked us

what time we would like to be woken in the morning. He informed us we had to be off the train before 6:30am.

Coach passengers had to disembark upon arrival.

It's amazing that one of the earliest scheduled arrivals by Amtrak, is on a train that never seems to be late.

INo chance of a sleep in.

I'm back in Australia, after 7613 miles with Amtrak and I enjoyed every mile I travelled.

90% of the Amtrak employees I had dealings with were great; courteous, friendly and helpful. There were a

few in the ranks with attitude problems, but not enough to spoil my journeys.

The scenery on the Coast Starlight, and the first part of the Empire Builder was magnificent. Yet the variety

from NO to LA on the Sunset Limited is not to be sneezed at. I wish more of my journey from Chicago to

Buffalo on the Lake Shore Limited had been in daylight.

With the Australian $ dropping in value against the US$ as it is, it might be a while before I can return. I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back