If You Had 6 days were would you go??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidesOften

Train Attendant
OK have a few days

would like to get some ideas

Quiet, Comfy, Friendly,Reasonable (not expensive )

Let see how many travel agents we have out there! Ahem! Amtrak Please no Planes OH God I would be a nerves reck if I did it that way LOL

Thanks

Love Fla Trains and the people who work and ride them! :p :p :p :rolleyes:

OK have a few days...would like to get some ideas
To cut expenses, I would travel coach. (And not Acela.) Starting from Florida, you can be in Washington DC with a single overnight each way. For a six-day trip (5 overnights) this leaves three more nights. If the idea is just to go cruising by rail, I'd look into a loop trip.

Anything via New Orleans is likely to cost another day in connections.

Connections in Chicago can be good. Washington -- Chicago -- New York or Boston -- Washington. (or the other way around.)

Otherwise, just north from Washington as far as you can get (New York State? Boston?) and back again.

(Sounds like a Mini-Marathon...) Anything interesting here so far?

Silver -> Captiol (CHI) -> Wolverine (Detroit) -> Bus (Windsor) ->Toronto -> Ocean (Halifax) -> Chaluer/Ocean (Montreal) -> Adirondack (New York) -> Silver (Florida)

To cut expenses, I would travel coach. (And not Acela.) Starting from Florida, you can be in Washington DC with a single overnight each way. For a six-day trip (5 overnights) this leaves three more nights. If the idea is just to go cruising by rail, I'd look into a loop trip.

Connections in Chicago can be good. Washington -- Chicago -- New York or Boston -- Washington. (or the other way around.)

Otherwise, just north from Washington as far as you can get (New York State? Boston?) and back again.

love it already hehehe

IT all interesting anywhere on amtrak hehehe

Silver -> Captiol (CHI) -> Wolverine (Detroit) -> Bus (Windsor) ->Toronto -> Ocean (Halifax) -> Chaluer/Ocean (Montreal) -> Adirondack (New York) -> Silver (Florida)
I,m lazy, could you embelish on that one?

Thanx :huh:
The Silver Service to CL to Wolverine would be on Amtrak. Then you would need to cross the border between Detroit and Windsor on your own. The next 3-4 trains would be on VIA Rail. Then the Adirondack and Silver Service trains would be back on Amtrak.

Q: Doesn't the Ocean originate in Montreal? So you could either take a corridor train from Windsor to Toronto, and another from Toronto to Montreal. I also think there may be some thru trains all the way from Windsor to Montreal (but I'm not sure about that).

:unsure: I know VIA's routes better than their schedule. I don't know their schedule by heart like AMTK east coast LD trains :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back