If Amtrak DID have a Forum

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roomette

Lead Service Attendant
What do you suppose the criteria would be for locking threads for cooling off?

I find it interesting that you continue to make posts regarding locked topics, and in particular that you continue to criticize Penny when she does do that. That is her job as a moderator, to hide posts or topics or lock them when she or any moderator for that matter feels something isn't right or when another member reports something.

When that happens, there is then a discussion by the entire staff regarding the merits, after which one of the Admin's or Forum Manager's makes the final decision on whether to support the original decision or reverse it or even make an edit to the post(s).

This is not some willy nilly process that rests in the hands of just one person. It is a team effort. And it is a team that Anthony & I worked hard to create and I intend to continue that effort. We've made sure to include both sexes, we've made sure to include members of both major political parties, and I think that we actually have some rather diverse opinions on various things even though we all are railfans. I can assure you that we don't always agree behind the scenes on things and more than one staff member has had to face the reversal of their initial decision more than once.

Now all of that said, if you have a problem with a decision made by a staff member, then the correct & proper thing to do is to approach a more senior staff member with your complaint & reasons & thoughts on the matter. Constant posting & harping in things in public IMHO is not the correct response; sorry! And to that end, this post will serve to instruct the entire staff to immediately and without question delete any further such posts from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back