I have roomette 001 on the Cardinal train Wash-Chgo!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbyrdleroydogg

Train Attendant
Isn't that great?
Isn't it?
The 1st car with only one wall facing the next car and one car across. Cuts down on the noise, right?
Or should I splurge and get a Bedroom?

I always like room 1 on Viewliners. However, if money was no object, I would prefer a bedroom.

Roomette 1 is lovely. I would keep it. You will have a roomette on just one side of you, as you point out. And, as I recall, your "neighbor" on the other side is the linen closet, which is a wonderfully quiet neighbor!:)

The view isn't necessarily better in a bedroom--you would still have to go out in the hall to see the view on the other side. Also, I find sleeping in a bedroom a bit uncomfortable, because I like to sleep in concert with the movement of the train, but in a bedroom, you are sleeping sideways. This bothers some people and not others, but I just mention it as something to think about.

And if your trip is October 1 or after, you will not have to worry about missing nice scenery on the other side of the train, because the Cardinal will have the new "lounge" car (what would have been the Viewliner Dining Car), and you can go there to look out both sides--perhaps the one redeeming feature of our new "flexible and contemporary" world:).

Back