Huntington - Cincinnati By Sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAChooChoo

Service Attendant
No I'm not wacky!

Heard on the news that a "Security Incident" occurred at the Tristate Airport in my native WV, so I checked its location which is Huntington.

On the airport website it listed service to Charlotte and Cincinnati, so I decided to check competitive prices for a round trip Aug 22 and return Aug 24. Amtrak was $48.00.

Then I checked Delta [Comair] - the price was $1102.00 !!!

Even adding a bedroom at $204.00 each way you save $500.00 on the Cardinal

No I'm not wacky!
Heard on the news that a "Security Incident" occurred at the Tristate Airport in my native WV, so I checked its location which is Huntington.

On the airport website it listed service to Charlotte and Cincinnati, so I decided to check competitive prices for a round trip Aug 22 and return Aug 24. Amtrak was $48.00.

Then I checked Delta [Comair] - the price was $1102.00 !!!

Even adding a bedroom at $204.00 each way you save $500.00 on the Cardinal
I have taken the Cardinal from CHI to CIN once, and from CIN to CHI twice. While the eastbound Cardinal ended up being 4 hours late to CIN, both times I have taken the westbound Cardinal out of CIN we were within an hour of being on time. The Cardinal has always been very clean and the staff professional. It is one of my favorite trains. It's only drawback is the fact that it only runs 3 days a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back