How Many Points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunchaser

Conductor
Hello everybody,

Mr. Sunchaser and I have talked about for a while about going from SEA to CHI then SLC, in Bedrooms.

My question is, how many AGR points would we need?

A)80,000 points, because there are two 2 zone awards involved and there is an overnight stay in CHI, or

B)40,000 points because it's really only one 2 zone award.

Thanks in advance!

Unless you get an AGR agent who "bends the rules"' it will be 2 separate awards of 40,000 points each, or 80,000 total. They may actually try to "reduce it" by offering to send you via SAC for "only 1 zone and just 25,000 points"! :(

Hello everybody,

Mr. Sunchaser and I have talked about for a while about going from SEA to CHI then SLC, in Bedrooms.

My question is, how many AGR points would we need?

A)80,000 points, because there are two 2 zone awards involved and there is an overnight stay in CHI, or

B)40,000 points because it's really only one 2 zone award.

Thanks in advance!
80,000 points, due to the overnight in Chicago.

I think you could do it for 65,000 points if you do SLC - SEA - CHI.

One thing I noticed is that I can't seem to get a same-day connection from the CS to the EB in PDX anymore. Is that a bug?

Unless you get an AGR agent who "bends the rules"' it will be 2 separate awards of 40,000 points each, or 80,000 total. They may actually try to "reduce it" by offering to send you via SAC for "only 1 zone and just 25,000 points"! :(
Thanks Traveler. I figured that's how it would work. We usually go SLC > OLW >, then reverse it, so we use 50,000 points on the trip, so the SEA>CHI>SLC that will add a lot more points to the deal.

Back