how long should I be patient?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb64

OBS Chief
So how long do I wait for AGR to fix my AGR account? I don't want to be pushy, but I really don't understand why they can't get my account straightened out.

I have two issues currently and neither one has been resolved. The first issue was my onboard upgrade on the CZ in July. I never got the points for the upgrade. After waiting the allotted period of time, I called to see what I needed to do get credit for. After giving all the details a couple of times, the person finally understood and gave me the rail points for the sleeper upgrade. Great, right? Wrong. For some reason, she posted them with a date of Nov 2010 which was when I made my original reservation. That meant that the rail points were not credited to this year, but last. If there was not a chance I might actually make select this year, I wouldn't have cared. However, it is possible so I want those points posted to the correct year. So, three weeks ago I called about getting it changed to the right date. Again a lot of explanation but the person finally understood and said they would "send it over to operations" to correct. It should be fixed by the end of the week, she said. Two weeks went by and nothing, so I called again to followup on this and discuss a new issue which I will detail below. I explained everything yet again, she saw where it had been sent to "operations" but did not know why it still hadn't been fixed. She said she would have it escalated. That was last week. Two days ago, they removed the points from my "last year" points, but have not re-credited them to this year. Wouldn't you think that would have been done simultaneously? When do I call again?

My second issue is with the buy points promotion. Since they are offering 50% bonus this month, I went ahead and bought the 10,000 plus 5,000 bonus since I had not yet bought points this year. Three days later, when I expected them to post, I got an error notice stating I wasn't eligible to buy the points because it exceeds the amount for the account this year. I knew why this happened. Last December, I bought points for 2010 late in December to get the 30% bonus. There was a problem and the points didn't post to my account even though they took my payment. So after calling and waiting, they finally posted my points as an adjustment but they did not post them until 1/3/11 and used that transaction date instead of December. So I explained all this to AGR and she was to send all this to "operations" too. Still nothing.

Who are these "operations" people and why does AMTRAK have such a careless disregard for dates when so many things are restricted by date. Am very frustrated. :angry: :wacko:

jb64,

At this point in time I'd suggest joining the Flyertalk forum. Once you're a member, head for the AGR forum and repost your tale above. Hopefully AGR management, AGRInsider, will see your post and contact you for further details. If you don't get a nibble after a few days, send a PM to agrinsider and ask them for help.

agrinsider is really 3 different people who monitor things, but between them they know where to route your problems and get them fixed.

Although, I will say that there is a chance that the buy points thing might not be fixable, unfortunately. I'm not sure, but there is a chance.

Update:

I did go ahead and call again. The Supervisor was busy but the agent I got included the lead after hearing my tale and they were able to get issue number 1 fixed, finally. As to issue 2, points purchase, they said that someone in Philadelphia was working on that and they couldn't do anything with that since they had it in Philadelphia. She did say that Philadelphia has to work with points.com on these issues and I will need to wait to hear from them. If it is not resolved soon, I will take your advice, Alan, and go over to Flyertalk even though it may not be fixable. I figure it will be worth a try.

Thanks for all your responses.

I will say that the AGRInsider at Flyertalk was very nice and helped me with a select bonus issue. It took a few days but they were nice.

Quick update: While it took much longer than I think it should have, both problems have now been resolved including the 10,000 buy for the year and the 5000 bonus.

After my upcoming trip on the Acela from Was to NYP and back, I will be less than 200 points from select, so I think I will have to do something I have never done before, a points run. Unfortunately, they are not as convenient for me as they are for most of you.

Back