How late is too late??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I used AMTRAK, from LNK to GJT, summer of 2014, my departure on the California Zephyr was nearly 5 hours late. This makes me hesitate to use AMTRAK again.

Is there a certain time that the train is so late that I can just cancel my ticket, walk away, and get a refund?

Or am I just a prisoner of the bad service?

2+ hours late for a long distance train, 1+ hours late for a corridor train you can cancel and get a full refund

Interesting... I assume that the "late running" is calculated from where the passenger is ticketed to board?

Are there any similar rules about refunds for bailing out from the train en route at an earlier point than the original destination due to late running of the train?

Ed. :cool:

It probably is not an option to cancel once you're on the train though.

I remember once in 1996 they gave discounts for future travel to passengers on the train when we were significantly late but last year they did not. We did get "snack packs" though (a bottle of water and cookies from some company I forget, it wasn't Chips Ahoy or Oreo for sure).

It probably is not an option to cancel once you're on the train though.
Cancelling might not be an option but after a completed trip call Customer Relations (not services) and tell them your grievances regarding the late train and they may end up issuing you a voucher for future travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back