How do you verify points earned have posted to your account?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&O RR

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
How do you verify points that you think that you have earned have posted to your account when you use the shopping mall?

How do you verify that you got your points from Best Buy, Home Depot, etc.?

Thanks

It used to be easier.

When you log into your AGR account, you chose "your transactions" and it shows how many points you earned and from whom. It used to say "credit card - 1,287" , "Office Depot - 462", "Home Depot - 148", etc..., but now it just says "credit card - 1,287", "mall - 462", and "mall - 148". Thus you don't know if the 462 was from Office Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond or some other site.

You go to shop.amtrakguestrewards.com and when you are logged in, up in the right corner is a drop down that says "My Account" you click on that and then click on transactions. It will show all the points that are pending and those that have been approved. It takes 60 days from posting date until they post to your AGR account.

This transaction list will give you the number of points for each store. When they are approved, it takes a couple days for them to show up on the AGR account, at least they do for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You go to shop.amtrakguestrewards.com and when you are logged in, up in the right corner is a drop down that says "My Account" you click on that and then click on transactions. It will show all the points that are pending and those that have been approved. It takes 60 days from posting date until they post to your AGR account.

This transaction list will give you the number of points for each store. When they are approved, it takes a couple days for them to show up on the AGR account, at least they do for me.
Thanks, June! I hadn't noticed that before. I was worried some of my recent transactions hadn't worked, so I just checked, and they're there. :) They're still in "pending" status, which I figured they would be since it's only been a few weeks. It's just nice to know they're on-deck.

Thanks, June! I hadn't noticed that before. I was worried some of my recent transactions hadn't worked, so I just checked, and they're there. :) They're still in "pending" status, which I figured they would be since it's only been a few weeks. It's just nice to know they're on-deck.
Being disabled, I do lots of online shopping, easier than struggling to get to the store, so I make sure that as much as possible is done thru the AGR site. I have enough from shopping for my first leg of my trip in April and 2000 toward my October trip.

It brings up the same screen for me.
http://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/

Page says WELCOME TO POINTS FOR SHOPPING. This is the page that has the drop down for the shopping points. A completely different set of points than the regular rewards.

Edited to add - It won't show your regular reward points on this page.

Thanks from me as well...didn't know about the Transaction History and Pending Points for shopping.

I noticed the amount of points pending are way more than the expected 1 point per dollar. Must have unknowingly stumbled onto a promo or something.

I was going to offer up however, a few weeks ago, when I beginning a Best Buy shopping session, it did ask if I'd like to be notified by email when the points are awarded. That is a nice feature too.

I did not realize Best Buy was only a 1-1 store. If you are on the page with the stores, if you scroll down, there is a box on the right that shows coupons and deals, so maybe when you purchased, it was for sure a deal. If you divide the points you received by what you spent, does it work, remember that they use whole dollars.

Back