Hotels near Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rms492

Service Attendant
Hello, can someone recommend good hotels near the Amtrak sta. in Seattle?

Preferably no more than 150 a night.

I was thinking about the Best Western Pioneer.

Are cabs readily available at train arrival times (Coast Starlight)?

Any other advice on Seattle would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

This question is right up my alley. Nearest King Street Station I would recommend the Silver Cloud Stadium hotel. If your willing to go downtown a bit, try the Westin Seattle. Very nice hotel! Have you looked at using Hotwire? Usually you can get hotels much more discounted and through betterbidding.com, you can pretty much match the hotels up.

Hello, can someone recommend good hotels near the Amtrak sta. in Seattle?Preferably no more than 150 a night.

I stayed at the BW Pioneer Square last fall. It is nice and within walking distance if you don't have much to carry. Rooms are a bit small, but well appointed and a good value.

Cabs were there when I arrived on the Coast Starlight. Can't say about other times though.

Hello, can someone recommend good hotels near the Amtrak sta. in Seattle?Preferably no more than 150 a night.

If you don't mind a shower only queen check hotels.com/travelocity.com/expedia.com for the Doubletree Artic. I have a non-refundable reservation for $75/night before taxes and it looks to be no more than 1/2 mile from the station.

Since I live here, I have not stayed in a hotel here. So, I can't tell you about the rooms and customer service all that. But I can talk about locations, and I will say, I wouldn't stay at a hotel south of the station, because you would be that much farther from downtown and the various attractions. So, the Silver Cloud Stadium would not be on my list, for that reason. On the other hand, you could walk up the block east and look at trains, so there's that. And it's a brand-new hotel, maybe two years old.

Also, I would not stay in Pioneer Square, just because the bum-to-normal-person ration is too high there. I go there, I shop there, I eat there, but I wouldn't recommend staying there to a visitor.

The Arctic Club Hotel, referenced above, is a new remodel of a historic old building, and is relatively close to the station (0.3 miles, says Google maps), totally walkable if you have a wheeled suitcase or light luggage.

Two hotels that you might consider are the Mayflower Park and the Warwick. Both are on 4th Avenue towards the north end of downtown, and if you are willing to tote your luggage from King Street Station over to the bus stop on 4th Avenue next to Union Station, a distance of about two blocks, you can get to them for free on a city bus. As I said, I have not stayed in them, but I walk past them all the time, and sometimes drink in the bar at the Mayflower Park, and they seem nice, with the Mayflower Park perhaps the nicer of the two. I just looked and both have rooms for under $150.

If you wanted to try something a little cheaper than those two, there is the Ramada, which is near the Warwick, and looks well-maintained from the outside. If you want to watch the monorail go by, ask for a room on the 5th Avenue side; if you don't want a (fairly quiet) train going past your window all day, ask for a room on the Blanchard Street side.

Other posters answered the hotel questions. Cabs are my thing. I have never been in the King street station coming or going and NOT seen a cab. There is even a cab starter everytime I detrained in Seattle. Cabs are lined up out side the main exit door. It was the starter who called out the cab number for us that later got my wallet back. The number stuck in my head. So when I called to try to find my wallet I had the cab number and locations and times. Honest driver brought back my wallet. :) He got a nice reward.

I usually stay at the Sheraton. It, like the aforementioned Westin, is part of the Starwood chain. I can often get a very nice room in the original tower of the Sheraton at under $150 if I choose the prepaid rate. Sometimes between $15-0-180. Starwood hotels also give AGR points. Try the Starwood site at www.spg.com

we stayed at the best western poneer square in january after riding the cs. about 4 blocks from king st station as i remember. we walked but cabs are available right outside the station. a 2 bed room for 3 was about $130. historic old building, well preserved. very nice rooms (a bit small) with reproduction period decor. great continental breakfast.

Two hotels that you might consider are the Mayflower Park and the Warwick. Both are on 4th Avenue towards the north end of downtown, and if you are willing to tote your luggage from King Street Station over to the bus stop on 4th Avenue next to Union Station, a distance of about two blocks, you can get to them for free on a city bus. As I said, I have not stayed in them, but I walk past them all the time, and sometimes drink in the bar at the Mayflower Park, and they seem nice, with the Mayflower Park perhaps the nicer of the two. I just looked and both have rooms for under $150.
The Mayflower Park is where I have stayed 3 times in Seattle now, very nice, close to the waterfront and market. I think last time it was only $137 a night.

Recommended.

I have stayed there twice. It is a wonderful property with great service.

If you aren't packing much you may choose to forgo the cab and walk the couple blocks to the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back