Home Station Pages?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil's Advocate

⠀⠀⠀
Amtrak's own station pages are generally pretty dull and lacking much information, so I was wondering if we should make some better pages for our home stations. Including details that might help average folks who are just traveling through and also some suggestions specific to railfans as well. Does that sound like a good idea? What all should be included in a station page? Maybe we could add it to Wikipedia to get more eyeballs or even try to get Amtrak to add some of the information to (or a link from) their own station pages? It just seems like it might be a little fun and a nice service we could provide our fellow travelers for when they're passing through our neck of the woods. Thoughts?

If you live in Hawaii you'll receive no pity from me whatsoever. ;-)

In any case, you could always Adopt A Station instead!

It's not like we're going to have a local member for every station anyway.

If you live in Hawaii you'll receive no pity from me whatsoever. ;-)
In any case, you could always Adopt A Station instead!

It's not like we're going to have a local member for every station anyway.
Aloha

Right now I do live in Hawaii, but I am about to move to LV NV as Hawaii cost are making it hard to ride trains, and get closer to me children. Unfortunately the Vegas train station doesn't get any passenger trains.The Desert Wind doesn't blow :rolleyes:

Funny, I was just in Hawaii and I personally saw 2 passenger rail stations and one monorail station.

Of course the Pineapple Express isn't on the Amtrak schedule.....yet.

Amtrak's own station pages are generally pretty dull and lacking much information, so I was wondering if we should make some better pages for our home stations. Including details that might help average folks who are just traveling through and also some suggestions specific to railfans as well. Does that sound like a good idea? What all should be included in a station page? Maybe we could add it to Wikipedia to get more eyeballs or even try to get Amtrak to add some of the information to (or a link from) their own station pages? It just seems like it might be a little fun and a nice service we could provide our fellow travelers for when they're passing through our neck of the woods. Thoughts?

One good example Amtrak could use (especially since the site very closely mimic's Amtrak's own already) is what is done on the texaseagle.com website. They have a dropdown menu which includes every one of the Eagle's stops, and all of those for connecting trains like the Missouri trains and the Heartland Flyer as well. When you select a station, you get a lot of useful information - here's an example: http://www.texaseagle.com/stations/ALN.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back