Help with luggage at baltimore penn

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathcabforchristina

Train Attendant
So this Friday August 3rd, I am taking the train from Baltimore Penn to chicago union station, via the cardinal. I will have a lot of baggage, 4-5 suitcases and card board box measuring 16x16x18 weighing approximately 40lbs. I am moving so this is the reason for so much stuff. I will be taken 2 bags on with me and checking the rest. However I just noticed that there are no baggage carts at Penn station, and I am wondering if there are people who will help you get stuff from the entrance to the baggage desk. I'm feeling pretty anxious about it as I am traveling alone!

Being in BAL-Penn only twice, I can,t recall if there are Red Caps or carts there, if not, prrhaps the person driving you there can help you. Or if you're taking a cab, maybe the cab driver can help. Remember that you can check 3 bags free of charge, and an additional 3 checked bags for ¢10 each! So you could check 6 bags in total!
cool.gif

Would love to check all my bags but the one will have valuables such as a MacBook pro and a wii and a dslr and the other will have fragile items, so it's logical that I carry on those two.

Also, on amtraks website for penn it says no baggage carts but lists 'baggage assistance' do you think this is a red cap? Also, never used a red cab before so how does it work?

A Red Cap is an employee of Amtrak who provides assistance carrying baggage for passengers. A tip to them is usually customary. ($1-2 per bag.) Note you should only use the services of a Red Cap. I'm not saying others are dishonest, but it is possible that you may never see your bags again if assistance is not provided by a Red Cap!
ohmy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Baltimore Penn is not a huge station. I do remeber seeing a red cap there and he had a luggage cart. There may only be one on at anytime so I would arrive early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back