Help and Hiawatha car on the 9/26 Empire Builder from Chicago (westbou

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just took my first video of a train (new hobby) and I then accidentally deleted the video just now. I was lucky to see a Hiawatha lounge car car attached to the rear of the train. It was the west bound Empire Builder that left Chicago today on 9/26. If anyone here plans on waiting for that train, I was wondering if you could tell me the Hiawatha car number and or send me a picture or video. My email is dwil1971 at yahoo.com Thanks! I have been reading a lot about the Hiawatha's and would like to know what car this was exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That is very helpful. I am just beginning to learn about things. Is this the only round-end Hiawatha car left? Or likely to be on the end of Amtrak, etc?

Thanks again,

Dave

If the car was a round-end observation car, it is likely the Cedar Rapids owned by the group that runs the Milwaukee Road 261 steam locomotive. He is a link to their website information about the car.
http://www.261.com/showcar.cfm?which=a5b66...72-e6ad92ead2ce

I believe its Milwaukee Road number was 186.

Thanks! That is very helpful. I am just beginning to learn about things. Is this the only round-end Hiawatha car left? Or likely to be on the end of Amtrak, etc?
Thanks again,

Dave

If the car was a round-end observation car, it is likely the Cedar Rapids owned by the group that runs the Milwaukee Road 261 steam locomotive. He is a link to their website information about the car.
http://www.261.com/showcar.cfm?which=a5b66...72-e6ad92ead2ce

I believe its Milwaukee Road number was 186.
I believe one of the Creek Series Skytop Lounges has been undergoing restoration, but haven't heard an update on that project in a while. The Creek series were used on the Olympian Hiawatha and had a longer glassed in area plus various sleeping accomodations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back