Hello! I'm New ^_^

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad this forum exists! Hubs and I used Amtrak when we were newly weds and moved from SEA to SLC ^_^ We had a roomette on both legs of the trip.

I LOVE you traveling in sleeper trains. I've only done it that once but I've been on the bullet trains (Shinkansen) many times. I also use the metra every week to commute downtown Chicago. In fact, I transit through Union Station every week as well! It was only a matter of time until I found an excuse to ride on Amtrak again ^_^

My Husband and I will be traveling CHI to SLC for the holidays (Dec.22 outbound, Dec.28 return). We reserved roomettes on this trip as well! I really didn't want to deal with holiday/winter cancellations and I used to wor for United Airlines, so I know that it will happen! Just don't need that stress.

I'm attending the University of Chicago to work on my Masters and my Husband is in pre-med (oriental medicine). We have a cat named Luna ^_^

Oh! And you guys are welcome to call me Amunet ^_^

Hello, Glad to have you on the forum!

I'm very interested in oriental medicine. I live in a town famous for having had a "China doctor" long ago. We now have another oriental practitioner. Though he is not Chinese, he practices Chinese medicine, and I can vouch for the effectiveness of his practice. I think it is a very good field to be in.

Best of luck with your careers, and your upcoming trip. I hope you will post a trip report afterwards, so we can all enjoy it vicariously!

It's nearly a year till my next big trip, so I'm waiting impatiently.

Thank you very much ^_^

Welcome to AU. We love cats on this site too :p
Yay! We're thinking of adopting another one, but we will have to see. Do you have a cat?

Welcome. Some of us like Dogs!!

I hope you will enjoy Amtrak Unlimited.
Thank you! I have learned a lot so far from lurking about.

I don't mind some dogs, they are adorable in a cuddly, slobbery way lol

And some of us travel with monkeys (names will be withheld to protect the ... :giggle: )
Oh, I travel with a crossbreed monkey-bear-man. Yeah, he's known as the missing link but I just call him my husband :p

Hello, Glad to have you on the forum!

I'm very interested in oriental medicine. I live in a town famous for having had a "China doctor" long ago. We now have another oriental practitioner. Though he is not Chinese, he practices Chinese medicine, and I can vouch for the effectiveness of his practice. I think it is a very good field to be in.

Best of luck with your careers, and your upcoming trip. I hope you will post a trip report afterwards, so we can all enjoy it vicariously!

It's nearly a year till my next big trip, so I'm waiting impatiently.
Oregon is one of the places we were thinking of settling down at after hubs becomes a doc ^_^ And thank you for the support. I'll show him what you said, he's pretty frazzled with finals going on. That would give him a big confidence boost ^_^
Yes, I was thinking about it! I'll have to read more reports. Plus, I need to write on my trip anyways :)

Welcome! :hi: And some of us just like to travel! :p

If you haven't yet, be sure both of you join Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) prior to your trip.
We love to travel too! I'm hoping to go to Tibet this summer for research ^_^

I have signed up but I don't see any points since we purchased the tickets. I thought we get so many points based off of so many dollars spent?

Luna is a great name for a kitty. :) Do you have any pictures of her?
Thank you very much! Yes I do! I'll try to attach one ... image.jpg

The points only post to your AGR account from ticket purchases when you actually travel by train. It doesn't matter if you purchased the tickets in March for a December trip, they will not post until December when you actually take the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so I should be getting the points for the purchase of the tickets plus the train travel itself after the trip(s), right?

Awwww! Your kitty looks just like our male kitty, Sherlock:

10520757_10101677173582794_5985015463782043713_n.jpg

We also have a fluffy, black female kitty named Winter:

1483620_10101309395048924_481113414_n.jpg

She does look like your cat! And Winter is gorgeous!! I adore black cats but the floofy ones are the best cause they're so cute ^_^

The travel, yes. If you purchased the tickets with the AGR MasterCard (say in March), those points posted in March. Otherwise, you will not get points for the purchase amount.
Oh! Thank you very much for clearing that up. So it's only points for the travel itself.

I checked with my oriental practitioner, and he says he would be happy for your husband to contact him with any questions about practicing Oriental medicine (in Oregon, or in general). So please do feel free to contact him through his website.

Back