Hello from East Yorkshire, England

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezndave

Train Attendant
Hello all,

We are new to train travel in the USA. We are in the process of planning our trip for next year which includes the Calafornia Zephyr, Lakeshore Ltd and the Mapleleaf.

Our experience of train travel is in mainly the UK and India (3 weeks traveling round north india in a heat wave).

Thank you in advance for the answers to a million questions I will no doubt ask.

regards

Chez n Dave :)

Welcome, and hi from a fellow Brit who has also benefitted immensely from this group over the years and come to make numerous rail journeys by Amtrak. It was well worth it all the way.

Welcome - my wife's maiden name is York - she has always wanted to visit your beautiful part of the world. Maybe someday!

Thank you all,

so many nice replies already, what a friendly bunch.

Admin, you should bring your wife to England and take her to the National Railway Museum in York, its fab

:)
Yep - have a friend who was there a few years ago. Looks like a good one.

Welcome to AU, we have a valuable trove of knowledge here. Please feel free to avail yourself of that resource. I learned as a technical training instructor for Amtrak that the only foolish question is the one that you are embarrassed to ask. If you have the question you can bet someone else has it.

oldtimer Aka Al B

Thank you all,

so many nice replies already, what a friendly bunch.

Admin, you should bring your wife to England and take her to the National Railway Museum in York, its fab

:)
This AU member will be visiting the NRM in York with my wife on 15 December. First visit to the museum in about 30 years.

Hello all,

We are new to train travel in the USA. We are in the process of planning our trip for next year which includes the Calafornia Zephyr, Lakeshore Ltd and the Mapleleaf.

Our experience of train travel is in mainly the UK and India (3 weeks traveling round north india in a heat wave).

Thank you in advance for the answers to a million questions I will no doubt ask.

regards

Chez n Dave :)
I've never been on the Lakeshore Ltd or the Mapleleaf. But I can vouch for the California Zephyr having some of the most beautiful scenery in the U.S. What are your to/from points on each of these routes? Will you be in coach, a roomette, or bedroom?
So glad you joined this forum.

Back