Heartland Flyer Canceled? (7/10-11)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had a good update from BNSF but it turns out it was dated for 2006. I'll sniff around some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go-this is better:

service.gif

Back
sep.gif
Customer Notifications Home

Customer Notifications inform BNSF customers of the latest news covering BNSF services, tools, prices and facilities. To: All Impacted Customers 07/11/2013

2nd Update Report: Derailment at Gene Autry, OK

As reported on Wednesday, July 10, 2013, G-ENIGAT9-08 derailed near Gene Autry, Oklahoma at 3:30 p.m. Central time. Gene Autry is approximately 90 miles south of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on BNSF’s Red Rock Subdivision which moves rail traffic between Ark City, KS and Gainesville, TX.

Further assessment of this derailment revealed more extensive damage than originally anticipated. The new estimated time of reopening is 4:00 a.m. Central time July 12, 2013. BNSF Operations are re-routing trains where feasible.

BNSF will continue to provide you with additional information as it becomes available.

Customers may experience delays of 24 to 36 hours on shipments moving through this corridor. Updated shipment information is always available through the secure Rail Central web tool at bnsf.com.

If you have any questions, please contact BNSF Customer Support at 1-888-428-2673, option 4, option 3.

I came through this area yesterday evening while it was still light out and didn't see any signs of a derailment (no major damage to the ground or vegetation). We did have to crawl through there at 25mph. There were also several slow orders due to signal issues. We ended up being 90 min late on a 4 hour trip.

BNSF seems to be pretty good at dumping a freight about once a year somewhere along the Red Rock Sub but they are also just as good about getting it cleaned up and getting that key line back open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back