"Hats Off" Promotion: free bonus points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatelouse

OBS Chief
Visited the AGR site just a couple of minutes ago to check point balances and found a "free gift" banner on the front page that I hadn't seen before. From the wording (something about "our most frequent customers") it appeared to be some sort of bonus targeted to elites. So I clicked it. Out popped a Flash animation of a conductors' hat, and sure enough, out of the hat popped 1000 bonus points. So log into the AGR site to see if you've been targeted. Look for the conductor's hat. And let us know how many bonus points you got!

This appears to run from June 29 (12am CST) to July 15. By luck, I appear to have come across this literally minutes after it became effective.

Very nice idea from AGR. My wife and I each received 1000 bonus points and they posted to our accounts immediatly. My "hat's off" to AGR for a very nice gift.

My "hats off" promotion was something else.(Plus I had to look for it. Without thus thread, I would not even look under "My Promotion" to find it.) I forget the working, but it said either double points and double my Select bonus (of 25%), Or double my Select bonus.

So does that mean I get a 50% bonus?
huh.gif

And the dares were July 1 to August 31!

My "hats off" promotion was something else.(Plus I had to look for it. Without thus thread, I would not even look under "My Promotion" to find it.) I forget the working, but it said either double points and double my Select bonus (of 25%), Or double my Select bonus.

So does that mean I get a 50% bonus?
huh.gif

And the dares were July 1 to August 31!
My promo info stated after registering "Double your 25% Select Bonus between 7/1 - 8/31". Thanks to the OP who informed us of this.

:hi: Thanks for the Heads Up! When I Checked my Account I only received the 50% Bonus Points for Rail Travel like the_traveler did!(and a Beach Ball, an Amtrak Engine, Some Balloons and a Rabbit Out of the Hat! :( ) Must be Targeted but Just How seems to be a Mystery?? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Thanks for the Heads Up! When I Checked my Account I only received the 50% Bonus Points for Rail Travel like the_traveler did!(and a Beach Ball, an Amtrak Engine, Some Balloons and a Rabbit Out of the Hat! :( ) Must be Targeted but Just How seems to be a Mystery??
Maybe its for those who have their profiles 100% complete. :unsure:

When I shook the hat I got a stoopid rabbit, goldfish, ball, etc., etc., and 50% bonus, but no 1,000 points. :(

I got the same thing - double my 50% bonus on travel between July 1 and August 31st. I had not planned to travel this summer, but I might have to now.

:hi: Thanks for the Heads Up! When I Checked my Account I only received the 50% Bonus Points for Rail Travel like the_traveler did!(and a Beach Ball, an Amtrak Engine, Some Balloons and a Rabbit Out of the Hat! :( ) Must be Targeted but Just How seems to be a Mystery??
Nah, it might actually be random, my profile is 100% complete. I guess I didn't shake the hat hard-enuff!

Nah, it might actually be random, my profile is 100% complete. I guess I didn't shake the hat hard-enuff!
Nothing for me.

Yes, thanks "gatelouse". Are you "the" gatelouse from FlyerTalk forum?
Yes indeed. I am now infesting your sleepers, coaches, and high-speed trainsets.

Surprised that so many elite members got nothing. You'd think that AGR would know about this whole social media thing where people share and talk. Maybe give them a few days to target everyone. I suspect a link will go out in the next monthly summary.

If we want to look for patterns, we can try posting our 2010 and current rail points and the promotion code (if any) that you received following the hat shake. (Mine was emailed to me; it's probably under "My Promotions" as well.

For instance, I had under 1000 rail points last year, 6500 today, and my 1000 point bonus promo was from code 629118.

I'm a Select Plus and have a 100% Profile and I didn't get anything.

I must have made a Wrong Turn!!
I cannot believe that YOU would make a wrong turn! :lol:

I also am Select Plus and have a 100% profile (however, I am pretty low on rail points so far this year - less than 5,000). I did not get an email, but I found the hats off promotion by going to "my profiles."

Dick - maybe they are saving the best for last.

H is select right now, last year he got around 9000 rail points and this year has about 3500. I shook the hat for him and he immediately got the 25% bonus through August 31st. I continued to shake and got a bunch of junk like an acela train set, a bunny, a beach ball, goldfish, etc. Then I got a message saying "thanks for playing, book your next trip."

I am at 4800 rail points for the year but am NOT select - no promotion for me.

I'm a Select Plus and have a 100% Profile and I didn't get anything.

I must have made a Wrong Turn!!
I cannot believe that YOU would make a wrong turn! :lol:

I also am Select Plus and have a 100% profile (however, I am pretty low on rail points so far this year - less than 5,000). I did not get an email, but I found the hats off promotion by going to "my profiles."

Dick - maybe they are saving the best for last.

I am Select Plus with nearly 30k rail miles last year. I am only at 5k YTD. No hats off promo yet. They must be tying it in to 2011 YTD miles, not historical.

Back