Happy New Year

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railfan83

Train Attendant
I would just like to wish all the Amtrak fans out there a Happy New Year. May 2010 be the year of Amtrak and that all your rail journeys be safe and on time. Lets spread the word about train travel and encourage our government to provide more funding for Amtrak.

I would just like to wish all the Amtrak fans out there a Happy New Year. May 2010 be the year of Amtrak and that all your rail journeys be safe and on time. Lets spread the word about train travel and encourage our government to provide more funding for Amtrak.
Amen, my brother in train riding. I'll do my best. My year will start right as next Friday I'll be doing an RVR-CHI weekend turn, heading out on the Cap and back on the Cardinal. Happy New Year all.

I hope that this will become the decade of expanded rail service! Both in the number of routes and the number of cities served - and also in frequency!

Oh, and I hope that this is the decade that the SL-East service is finally resumed! Either by the SL or by another train! :rolleyes:

Happy New Year! We are just sitting home tonight watching the Chick-fil-a Bowl game (Go Hokies)! It's a good game, but I think my husband would get more out of it if he wasn't snoring so loudly!

Don't get me wrong. I'm having a nice relaxing evening, but what I wouldn't give to be on a train right now. Can you think of anything better than celebrating the arrival of the new year with a trainload of your new best friends? And this year, I could look out the sightseer lounge window and see the 13th full moon of the year. Yep, it's a Blue Moon night.

May 2010 be a great and safe year for you, your families, our country, and Amtrak!

Here's to a Happy New Year!

May all your train rides be safe, fun & on time!

May we see an increase of routes & ridership, (but not too many!) & improved profits for Amtrak, & improvements on all routes!

May our country recover from the grave situations we are in.

Let me add to all the good wishes here: that our soldiers, where ever they are, remain safe and secure while they stand watch to keep us safe here at home.

Let me add to all the good wishes here: that our soldiers, where ever they are, remain safe and secure while they stand watch to keep us safe here at home.
I second that! I would also add a great big THANK YOU to all of our soldiers, past & present for keeping us safe, as well as their families!

Happy New Year. I just hope they extend the city of New Orleans to Orlando Florida, so Me and my Stepfather can ride the train from Biloxi, MS to Chicago Ill and Indianapolis. and back to Biloxi MS.

Happy New Year from Tucson, where 2010 was greeted by automatic and semi-automatic weapons fire heard from the Team Whooz lodging. A few minutes earlier we'd been trackside for Sunset Limited train 1's on-time departure. Unfortunately the acting MayhemMobile's headlights quit as video shooting commenced, but still got this dark pass with a little horn action and bell...

Ditto that and let me add my best wishes to all for a good 2010!

Happy New Year to all rail fans, travelers (not just the_traveler :D ), and everyone else who posts here.

A late addition to this thread, but from New Year's Day so okay, right?

As Team Whooz worked back to Phoenix (from Tucson) on 1-1-10, sticking closely as possible to roads paralleling the Sunset Route, some pretty cool rail stuff was encountered. Details, pics, and more video in the upcoming trip report "Razing Arizona," but for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back