H Room in the Transdorm

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sambdking

Train Attendant
I was just wondering if the H room on the lower level of the Transdorm is ever used for revenue?

I believe there is indeed an "H" room in the transdorm, but I don't know if its actually offered.

amtrak-diagram-superliner-transitionsleeper.jpg

Only some have it: I imagine it is occasionally used to reaccomodate H room passenger in the event of a mid connect and otherwise never.

Most of the time when here is an H Room in a Transdorm a Crew Member will occupy it! I'm know it has been sold as Revenue space but think it is rare and probably has to be asked for by a paying passenger that qualifies for the H Room!(and the other H Rooms are Sold Out since the Transform Rooms are only Sold when the other Sleepers are Full)

Last time I rode in a Transdorm (on the Zephyr) the Chef was in the H Room!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the breakdown is 39011 and below have no H, 39012 and above have an H. I have never been on the lower numbered ones to confirm layout, but there is no window for the H room on those cars. I have been told they have a coach like women's lounge.

Even if the transdorm rooms are only sold when the other sleepers are sold out, it is stll possible to get a lowest bucket fare roomette in the transdorm. Happened to me for an upcoming trip in July.

Even if the transdorm rooms are only sold when the other sleepers are sold out, it is stll possible to get a lowest bucket fare roomette in the transdorm. Happened to me for an upcoming trip in July.
I had just the opposite experience with a recent southbound CoNO trip. I won a room in the transdorm, which has to be the noisiest sleeping space in all of Amtrak, and paid high bucket. When I noticed that the roomette price had dropped a bucket, I called hoping there had been a cancellation in the actual sleeper. There was. Not only did I move but had the difference in fare refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back