Guulish experience

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbgeg

Engineer
I met the legendary Guul yesterday. His SCA service was amazing. He told me that SPK had no red caps (I know that) and carried my bags all the way to the cab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met the legendary Guul yesterday. His SCA service was amazing. He told me that SOK had no red caps (I know that) and carried my bags all the way to the cab.
Ah, that was you. When you two walked by I was talking to the conductor about the plan due to #28 being so delayed. I agree, Gul is pretty impressive. I took two rooms up to the 830 car later that had originally been ticketed for the 2830. Gul was as usual most gracious and accommodating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met the legendary Guul yesterday. His SCA service was amazing. He told me that SPK had no red caps (I know that) and carried my bags all the way to the cab.
Ah, that was you. When you two walked by I was talking to the conductor about the plan due to #28 being so delayed. I agree, Gul is pretty impressive. I took two rooms up to the 830 car later that had originally been ticketed for the 2830. Gul was as usual most gracious and accommodating.
I guess so. :blink:

I had Gul on a trip last year. When I boarded I told him most people gave him good reviews on the Amtrak blog. When I departed he asked if he had met my expectations. Needless to say, a very good SCA.

You have me curious, now! With our upcoming Builder trip from Chicago to Portland on March 1st, having an SCA with his reputation preceding him is a tantalizing concept!

Judging by the previous posts, Gul is in a Seattle car.

@Blackwolf: don't worry, Stephanie in the Portland car also has an amazing reputation. There's no guarantee that you will have her, but if you do, you're in luck!

Judging by the previous posts, Gul is in a Seattle car.

@Blackwolf: don't worry, Stephanie in the Portland car also has an amazing reputation. There's no guarantee that you will have her, but if you do, you're in luck!
Stephanie? Good to know! That's an easy name for me to remember; we're having pretty darn good luck with the trip before it's even gotten off the ground (was able to upgrade from a shared lower Pullman berth on VIA's Ocean between Halifax and Montreal to a Cabin for 2 for only $23 more than what we'd already paid thanks to the current 50% off deal.) Maybe our luck will hold out? :D

yep, I had Stephanie last summer. She was great on a trip plagued with delays.

yep, I had Stephanie last summer. She was great on a trip plagued with delays.
That's how I first met her too. Our trip was interrupted by a freight derailment at Williston, necessitating an 8 hour bustitution between Havre and Minot. She gracefully managed a sleeper full of freshly bustituted pax who were not in the best of spirits. It must be in her DNA.

I seem to be in the minority here, I don't think that a trip on the EB compares to the CZ or SWC, BUT the EB has both Gul and Stephanie. Points for the EB :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back