guest rewards points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
I am travelling on 91 and 92 next week. I bought tickets through rail sale. Each ticket is purchased seperately so I'm assuming I get the 100 minimum points for each segment. (I paid $12 one way and $10 for the return). The question is because of the track work and the train doesnt return to Tampa you cannot purchase a rail sale ticket all the way to Tampa, you get off in Winter Haven as you all know. I called Amtrack and they sold me seperately, a one way bus ticket form Winter Haven back to Tampa for $7. Do I get the 100 points for this segmant also? Thus 300 points for $29 worth of tickets! :blink:

In January, I bought a $4 Amtrak bus ticket from Emeryville to San Francisco, and got 100 points for it. Therefore, I'd say yes you should.

However, be aware that sometimes, bus tickets take a while to get credited to your AGR account. Whenever I rode the Vancouver-Seattle buses, it would take a month or two to get the points.

I bought a $4 Amtrak bus ticket from Emeryville to San Francisco
I wonder if someone who lived in E'ville and worked in SF could do the trip twice a day and really rack up the points. They'd probably catch on, though.

I don't see how/why they'd "catch on." I don't think there is any rule limiting the number of times you can get credit for the same segment, or the number of 100-point minimum credits you can receive.

I've done a couple of $6 MKE-MKA round-trips. However, that's not really something to do every day (though I might just do it today).

Back