Guest Rewards for "bustitution"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
I was scheduled to be on Sunday's SW Chief from Chicago to KC. Due to flooding, the train did not run however Amtrak provided transit to KC via chartered bus. (Not ideal, but at least they got us home)

BUT in the rush to get all the passengers on the bus, tickets were not taken. I still have the un-torn ticket in my possession. Without taking my ticket, Amtrak has no indication that I actually boarded the bus. Will I still get guest reward points, or will I need to contact Amtrak to ensure that I am credited?

Wait until three weeks after the travel date then submit a copy of the stub only to AGR to get credit. Simply say you travelled and did not get credit. Do not say the ticket was not lifted. Do not send in the entire ticket. Do not send the original of anything. You will get your points.

Not that I'm suggesting anything, but I am curious: what would be easier, sending in a ticket stub and getting credit from AGR, or sending in the full "unused" ticket and getting Amtrak credit, or sending in the full "unused" ticket and getting the 90% cash?

I haven't had to do any of the above three, but I've read it is sometimes hard to get AGR points when sending in a ticket stub.

Back