Guest in Acela Lounge?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month, I went to DC with my family, and we waited in the Club Acela for our MARC train home. I got admitted with my Select Plus card, the attendant included my wife and daughter without comment. Another time, my brother came to see me off in Chicago, he wasn't even going anywhere, and they let him hang out in the Metropolitan Lounge with me.

Last month, I went to DC with my family, and we waited in the Club Acela for our MARC train home. I got admitted with my Select Plus card, the attendant included my wife and daughter without comment. Another time, my brother came to see me off in Chicago, he wasn't even going anywhere, and they let him hang out in the Metropolitan Lounge with me.
Immediate family members are part of the club access with a card, regardless of travel I think passes include immediate family members or one guest. If there was a longue anywhere near me when I had Select Plus, I would have been using it a lot, even if just driving by and I wanted coffee.

The terms say one guest for ticketed passengers entitled to use of the longue.

• ClubAcela customers traveling in First Class or sleeping car accommodations, Single-Day Pass holders, Select Plus and Select Executive members may bring immediate family members traveling together, or one, non-family guest. Unaccompanied guests are not permitted.

Metropolitan Lounges

Metropolitan Lounges are available in Chicago - Union Station, Los Angeles - Union Station and Portland, OR - Union Station to sleeping car passengers, business class passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) and Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus or Select Executive members. Relax and enjoy comfortable, quiet lounge seating, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, snacks and internet access. Attendants are available to assist with reservations, ticketing and local information.

slightly different rules for the different types of lounges

Per the Amtrak site: "...customers traveling in First Class or sleeping car accommodations....may bring immediate family members traveling together, or one, non-family guest."

A bit confusing, I, in sleeper, would take this as meaning my friend, who is coach on the same train, can access the Acela in Was with me. If I am correct, it would seem that she could also board at the same time I do since she is with me.

?????

The big question is how will the Lounge Attendants react? If the Lounge is really full and there are very busy they may say no just because they don't want additional people or their mood is irritable due to being so busy, or it is just their personality.

Say we arrive at NYP on a sleeper ticket and have to wait a few hours for our outgoing NER train to BOS. NOT an Acela. Are we entitled to use ClubAcela to wait?

If I'm not sorely mistaken, on a same-day connection to or from a sleeper/Acela First leg, you can use the lounge.

Say we arrive at NYP on a sleeper ticket and have to wait a few hours for our outgoing NER train to BOS. NOT an Acela. Are we entitled to use ClubAcela to wait?
Yes. I've done it twice, arriving from Miami and going to Boston. There were about 6 of us on one occasion.

Back