Greyhound seats and fleet questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how up to date this bus fleet is, but looks like Greyhound updated the page for the fleet on their site.

https://www.greyhound.com/en/discover-greyhound/our-bus-fleet
I wonder how up to date that is, too....

And they did leave some of the 'oddballs' off that list....the various Van Hools, H3-45's, EL-3's, etc.....unless those are all gone....not sure.....
Seeing as how none of those other buses are listed, it's possible they forgot those oddballs exist.

I still regularly see the oddball H3-45 units here in Seattle.

Also, I've been seeing a lot of X3-45 coaches over the last few months. The dominant coach seems to change from time to time up here... it used to be the G4500, then the D4505 and now the X3-45.

rickycourtney, thanks for info on the sightings. At least we know that oddball is around still. As for why the G4500s and D4500s are getting moved, maybe a reliability thing?

To the question about Greyhound's Van Hools, well those buses are still running. I saw pictures of them on Flickr, taken on the 1st of May.

Someone I know of, who is traveling on Greyhound saw a 102-DL3 broken down on I-4. The bus was eventually fixed and it met up with his D4505 at a rest stop. The D4505 he's on is 86584, a 2015 D4505.

The DL3 that brokedown is numbered 6928, a 2000 model. It's on a semi-express run to Miami and it also left the D4505 and my buddy in the dust. DL3s are generally used on the Miami to Orlando runs

Someone I know of traveled by Greyhound once again. He rode on 40187 to Miami from Daytona Beach. 40187 is a 2001 D4500 from Vermont Transit Lines. It was on the Miami Local run.

He also saw 86540 heading to Orlando at a rest stop. Another person took a picture of G4500 7270 heading to the garage I presume, since it didn't appear to be in service.

Last edited by a moderator:
He says that the photo was taken at Colorado Springs and that it arrived there with the broken window. Colorado Springs is the next stop after Denver, and I'm not sure Greyhound has the capability to do a cardboard repair like that in Colorado Springs. It may have been repaired in Denver and departed that way. Driver Kit said Greyhound doesn't stock X3-45 parts in Denver.

So they could have shipped the part to Denver....

Working it to Dallas? That's a long way to send the bus in that shape for repair, IMHO....

Concurred, it is a long way, so I'm guessing Greyhound just didn't want to spend the money to ship the part to Denver.

Or maybe the window did break between Denver and Colorado Springs, even though that's not a treacherous segment. Maybe someone threw a rock at the bus. Some jerk once throw a rock at #6656 in Oroville, breaking the driver's windshield. That warranted a replacement bus.

Shipping the part from their own supply costs them virtually nothing as a 'company shipment' on their own schedule...

I did not need to see the first video of a bunch of low-life's acting out.

I did very much enjoy the promo film....what a contrast between the two sets of passenger's from the two video's.....

Also enjoyed looking at some of the other youtube video's linked...liked the photo's of the WWII era around Cincinnati....I well remember that old terminal, which lasted until around 1970, when GL went on a tear, replacing major terminals around the country at a rate of about one a month....

The driver in the first video ought to have kicked all those troublemaking passengers off the bus. He was being too nice.

A passenger on #86294 is currently complaining about HVAC failure on the Dallas-Los Angeles route. Very bad in the desert heat! This seems like more of a problem with that batch of X3-45s.

Sorry, I can no longer post regularly on this forum. I'll come back once in a while. I'm not very active on Facebook either; I'd like to stay in contact via PM.

Yes, that was a good way to drive away customers. It may be safe enough but it's not good for business.

Greyhound discontinued Vancouver-Penticton-Osoyoos. Now passengers are routed through West Kelowna. Vancouver-Penticton-Calgary is still operated.

I'm looking for information on VIN 1M8PDMPA81P054083. It's either Greyhound Canada #1165 or #1166, but which one is it?

BoltBus introduced a new entertainment system. Does anyone know who is providing the service? Greyhound Wi-Fi is provided by SinglePoint.

How's the CAT C10? Isn't it just a 3176B? I thought those weren't too bad.

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence but I've had lots going on plus I've gone thru several phones.

I'm currently on a trip from Cambridge, Ohio to Nashville, Tennessee. I'm on Greyhound bus 86316. It's a D4505. My first time on one of these. To be honest I'm not thrilled with it. It rattles and doesn't feel solid like the older 102DL3 out older buses. Oh by the way, I recently moved from Hazleton, PA to Cambridge, Ohio to be with my fiance more even tho I'm going back driving a truck. Lol.

I just switched buses in Columbus Ohio. I'm now in Baron's bus lines bus 171 headed to Cincinnati where I will switch again. This is a relatively new J4500. Much better then that D4505 of Greyhound I was on

Back