Greetings From Pacific Surfliner Country!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the add! I’m a native southern Californian and I’ve always had a love for trains and train travel. I’ve done more trips on the San Diegan and the Pacific Surfliner than I can count, and I’ve done multiple trips on the Coast Starlight - including volunteering as a server on a couple of private car trips. I’ve been on all the lines from LA to Chicago and the Empire Builder and the Canadian are on my bucket list. So yeah. I guess you could say I have experience riding Amtrak. 😃 Glad to be part of the group!

Thanks for the add! I’m a native southern Californian and I’ve always had a love for trains and train travel. I’ve done more trips on the San Diegan and the Pacific Surfliner than I can count, and I’ve done multiple trips on the Coast Starlight - including volunteering as a server on a couple of private car trips. I’ve been on all the lines from LA to Chicago and the Empire Builder and the Canadian are on my bucket list. So yeah. I guess you could say I have experience riding Amtrak. 😃 Glad to be part of the group!
Welcome, pschnebs, and happy travels. "I’ve done multiple trips on the Coast Starlight - including volunteering as a server on a couple of private car trips." How do people get to hear about that opportunity?! Not that those of us with the klutz gene need apply.

Welcome, pschnebs, and happy travels. "I’ve done multiple trips on the Coast Starlight - including volunteering as a server on a couple of private car trips." How do people get to hear about that opportunity?! Not that those of us with the klutz gene need apply.
Being in the right place at the right time, honestly. I have a friend who arranges private car excursions, and he offered me the chance to work the trips. I’m a bit of a klutz too, but I managed not to break anything - which is a pretty good trick on a moving train car. 😁

Back