great trip to maine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp-44

Train Attendant
having not spent much time on the NEC for the last I did the trains were puled by GG1's and had Pennsy on the cars left WAS 6:20am tr 162 coach class its not worth the extra fo business class train was sold out at least to NYC very smooth ride and on time into BOS South Station. As I had several pieces of luggage I opted for the taxi to North Station not a bad deal 8 bucks took the Downeaster tr 695 to Portland. that crew ran a tight train every stop was on time when platform work was done the doors were closed and we rolled int o Portland on time.spent a week there and did the tourist thing I would definently recommend a visit to Maine to anyone. good food and good people.the return trip was much the same. I did elect to get off at the New Carrolton Metro Station and take Metro to Vienna. saves transfer from red to orange at Metro Center will be headed back to Montana next year on the EB. One sidebar now that NS is starting back up their steam program I am going to try to get back on as crew as I was with the orignal program fo 25 years mp-44...................

Sounds like a fun trip, it's on m y bucket list if I can ever get back East! The steam train is also bucket list/dream material! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back