Great News For VIA Today!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for VIA today! $691.9 million for fleet renewal and rebuilding, infrastructure improvements and station refurbishment.
Here’s the Press Release:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/releases/nat/2007/07-h187e.htm

I'm wondering will Via finally be able to put into service the 30 stored Renaissance sleeper shells, stored in Thunder Bay,Ontario? Or will they just let them rot there??? In this great deal Via got??? Ha! Ha!

THEY SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT VIEWLINERS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST AS CHEAP!!! :rolleyes:

Will they use them as sleepers or as coaches?

Hopefully they may rebuild some of them as coaches and US people in Southern Ontario may have a chance to ride in them, ie; Toronto to Windsor trains. :) :) :) Don't forget us again!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Right now they are in service between Montreal and Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa, and the East Coast.

I know the Montreal Maintenance Centre is set up to service them.

Why don't they open up the $ 90 Million maintence centre that is being barely used in Toronto?

Thank you to the Federal Liberal Party back from the 1990's when you built it then almost immediately shut it down!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm wondering will Via finally be able to put into service the 30 stored Renaissance sleeper shells, stored in Thunder Bay,Ontario? Or will they just let them rot there?
No such luck...

Of the total funding package, $516 million in capital funds will be allocated over five years for infrastructure improvements and equipment refurbishments, beginning in 2007. This investment will be targeted towards:
* fleet renewal, through refurbishment of the F40 locomotives and Light, Rapid and Comfortable (LRC) passenger cars;

* strategic infrastructure improvements to eliminate bottlenecks in the Quebec City —Windsor corridor; and

* station refurbishments.
Still, it's a lot more than I expected of a Conservative government :rolleyes:

*j*

It's great to see VIA get some money for refurbishment. Now we need to get our elected officials on this side of the border to get the same idea. Let's see here: how about the same numbers, but with another zero immediately before the decimal point. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back