Great Dome On Surfliner As BC Amenity Until 8/11/2017

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the comments, it said "... trains are subject to change..." How? Ocean View only has a vestibule on the lower level. California Cars only has access between cars on the upper level. So without a trans-dorm, it must be used on a single level train.

In the comments, it said "... trains are subject to change..." How? Ocean View only has a vestibule on the lower level. California Cars only has access between cars on the upper level. So without a trans-dorm, it must be used on a single level train.
Yes, but if there were an operational issue the consists might get swapped around. They're saying that the single-level set isn't guaranteed.

Also, Ocean View could develop a problem and be bad-ordered for a day.

Last time I rode a Surfliner from LAX to San Diego during the Race Craziness,the the Great Dome was in the consist and there were two Biz Class Cars.

The Train was jammed with Standing Room only to the Stop for the Track, but the Dome was First Come/First Served with no upcharge for a seat.

I elbowed everyone aside ( just kidding)and snagged an Oceanside seat towards the front in the Dome and enjoyed the trip down tbe Coast.

Sounds like Amtrak and California are finally doing Revenue Emnhancement from the drunks, er race goers, with the Only Dome Amtrak has left.

Lately they have have been subbing trains in LA and running the southbound portion on time if the original train is running late north of LA. Since the Horizon consist runs up to SLO, its probably their way of saying if we swap consists.

Last time I rode a Surfliner from LAX to San Diego during the Race Craziness,the the Great Dome was in the consist and there were two Biz Class Cars.

The Train was jammed with Standing Room only to the Stop for the Track, but the Dome was First Come/First Served with no upcharge for a seat.

I elbowed everyone aside ( just kidding)and snagged an Oceanside seat towards the front in the Dome and enjoyed the trip down tbe Coast.

Sounds like Amtrak and California are finally doing Revenue Emnhancement from the drunks, er race goers, with the Only Dome Amtrak has left.
There has been more focus lately on BC with the permanent extra car, new snack boxes, and from what I read, even the breakfast morning service has been enhanced as well. The whole "guaranteed seating" vs the possibility of standing is a big seller.

Back